International Student Services

This page provides basic information about our services, which are available to all incoming international students, whether you are on exchange or degree-seeking. You will also receive information and guidance throughout the application and enrollment process. Please check our FAQ then contact us if you still have questions.

Dedicated Assistance

Coming to live and study in a foreign country can be a confusing and complicated process, so ISA Lille's International Relations Office provides many helpful services for our incoming international students. We are available to assist you with administrative procedures before you arrive, during your stay and even after your graduation.
International Student Guide
Get this information and more in our international student guide!

Visa Procedures 

Once admitted, ISA Lille will assist you as much as possible in obtaining your student visa, however we have no control over the visa application process. Non-European students are required to have a student visa. This process will be managed by the French diplomatic office nearest you and varies for each country. Find and contact your Campus France office to learn more about the process.  

Once you have arrived in France, there are administrative procedures for validating your visa, allowing you to stay in France and travel in the Schengen Area. We provide assistance for these procedures, which are done with the regional administrative office, the Prefecture. Learn more about this process on the Prefecture website.

Housing Options 

We recommend that students book a room in a Lille Catholic University Residence Hall. These residences are managed by the All, formerly the Association d’Entraide Universitaire (AEU), and are the most convenient way for our students to find housing in Lille.  

Get more information on All’s website or contact the All directly: 

All – A.E.U. 

47 Bd Vauban (2nd floor) – 59800 Lille 

Online Contact Form

Tel: +33 (0)3 20 15 97 70

The process to apply for housing with All can be long, so be sure to apply as soon as possible.

Another reliable option is to rent a room with My Lille Home, a verified partner of ISA Lille. This all-inclusive housing is especially tailored to international students, offering communal living in ideally located homes. The price of rent also includes help with administrative procedures and other services.

Students may also rent housing from a private owner, but we advise students to use caution when renting from individuals. Never send money to an unknown individual before visiting the lodging or signing a lease.

Dining Options 

Students may use the student lounge, equipped with microwaves, as a dining area during their lunch breaks. Most of the All residences have a shared kitchen, so you are free to prepare your own meals.

In addition, the Lille Catholic University cafeteria is located across the street from ISA and is open for lunch and dinner on weekdays. Other smaller dining services are available for lunch. You can eat at the university dining halls using your All student services card, Crous tickets, or cash. €3.30/meal Learn more. 

There are also many sandwiches shops and restaurants in the neighborhood accommodating diverse tastes and dietary restrictions. 

Health Care

On campus, there is an University Heath Center (CPSU) which provide to all students health care needed: general doctors, gynecologist, psychologist. Our International Office can also give a list of English-speaking doctors in Lille.


Health Insurance 

European Union Students: You are required to bring your European health insurance card or the health insurance certificate provided by the authorities in your home country.  

Non-European Union Students 

All students in France are required by law to register with the national health insurance (Sécurité Sociale), even if you have private insurance. French social security enrollment is free of charge. The French national health insurance refunds about 70% of most medical expenses. On your arrival, the ISA International Relations Office will help you complete the necessary steps to get enrolled. 

It is optional but recommended to get a complementary insurance to obtain better reimbursements. This insurance is called a mutuelle and is different from the affiliation to the Sécurité Sociale. Most students from Lille Catholic University get this coverage with SMENO, the regional student health insurance provider. The costs vary depending on the insurance option chosen (from 12 € /month). Learn more on SMENO’s website. 

If you are over 28 years old: You will have to follow a different procedure, which we will help you complete upon your arrival. In the meantime, we suggest you buy a private health insurance to cover potential medical expenses during the first few months of your arrival. 

Personal Liability Insurance 

According to French law, students will be required to purchase personal liability insurance, usually included in the also mandatory housing insurance. ISA Lille also highly encourages our students to purchase additional comprehensive insurance covering loss of personal documents and repatriation. Such an insurance policy can be purchased in your home country or once you arrive in France. 

Workplace and School Insurance 

ISA Lille students are automatically enrolled in insurance covering them during all activities in the framework of their studies at ISA Lille: classes, labwork, field trips, study tours, internships, etc. Students do not have to pay for this insurance, but must provide a copy of their birth certificate to be enrolled. You will receive more information upon arrival in Lille. 

The International Office Team
Head of International Relations Office
Florence Malaise
+33 3 28 38 46 10
International Programs Coordinator
Thanh Ly Lê Minh
+33 328384640
Erasmus+ Institutional Coordinator / French Instructor
Vira Wannepain
+33 328384823
International Project Coordinator
Louis Lourme
+33 3 61 76 23 65
france agro 3 logo grayscale