Frequently Asked Questions


Financing Your Studies

Student Services

  • Does ISA Lille have on-campus housing?
    There are many students residences around the Lille Catholic University campus. You can find more information about housing on our Student Services page, and at the Lille Catholic University's housing association website.
  • What services are provided to help international students adjust to life in France?
    Our international relations office works closely with Melt’ISA, the student association in charge of international student integration, in order to help incoming international students before, during and after their arrival in France. The international office helps with the visa process, booking housing and all the administrative procedures. Melt’ISA welcomes international students with a Buddy program, general advice about student life, language and cultural exchanges, and social events. International students will also have an academic advisor to help choose their courses, define their career objectives and adjust to the French way of learning.

    Learn more at our Student Services and Student Associations pages.


  • Do I need to speak French to study at ISA?
    French is not required for admission to English-taught programs at ISA Lille. However, speaking French will make life in Lille more fun. To help students improve their French level, ISA provides French as a Foreign Language classes as an integral part of the curriculum.

    To take classes in French, a student must have B1 level at the time of admission.

    Learn more about our language requirements on our Admissions page.
  • Are the programs taught in English or in French?
    We have classes in both languages. Undergraduate level classes are in French only. Our graduate level programs are taught in French or English. We offer complete programs entirely in French or in English, or a mix of both languages according to students’ capabilities.

    Learn more about our course offer on our Academics page.
  • Do I still need an English proficiency certificate if the language of instruction in my university is English?
    For countries where English is an official language or the language of instruction, a certificate of the University can be taken into account to start the application. However, if the selection committee considers that the level of English is too low, then an official test in English can be requested for the final admissions decision.

Career Possibilities

  • What kind of jobs do ISA graduates get?
    ISA Lille alumni work in companies, research centers and government agencies around the world. They work as managers and consultants in many diverse fields: sales, communication, auditing, industrial production, quality control, research and development, logistics, supply chains, purchasing, finance, human resources, education, and farming.

    Some examples:
    • Project manager /polluted sites management department at RAMERY, France

    • Quality Specialist at Nestlé, Germany

    • Vinasse Project consultant at SAF Viet Joint Venture LTD (LESAFFRE), Viet Nam

    • PhD in Ecotoxicology at CNRS : National French Center for Research, France

    • PhD, Department of Water Technology and Environmental Engineering at University of Chemistry and Technology in Prague, Czech Republic

    • Research and development engineer at CEBEDEAU, Belgium

    • Process Technologist at Buhler AG, Switzerland

    • Environmental Advisor at County Authority of Møre and Romsdal, Norway

    • Assistant Manager, Technical cell (Manufacturing), Roquette Riddhi Siddhi Pvt. Ltd., India

    • Project Manager – Life Cycle Assessment at CYCLECO, France

    • Studies on Remediation of an Hg mine waste at the United States Department of Agriculture, USA

    • Technical Support Specialist at Cargill Cocoa and Chocolate, Belgium
france agro 3 logo grayscale