Eco-friendly actions at ISA Lille
Creating a sustainable world is at the heart of our pedagogical mission. Therefore having a sustainable campus is the first step.
Sustainable development: the center of all our activities
Our daily commitment to sustainable development follow the sustainable development and corporate social responsibility guide created by the Conference des Grandes Ecoles and Conference des Presidents des Universités. Our actions are formalized through our CSR policy, named the SWITCH Policy, and is structured around our 3 principle activities:
– Research: the themes explored by our research units cover numerous social issues: sustainable management of contaminated soils (LGCgE), sustainable cities (Chaire Energie Habitat Environnment et ADICité), sustainable agriculture, health (our Charles Viollette research teams on Analysis and Process), town and country planning and local distribution channels (GreCAT).
– Training: Annually, 50 of our Masters graduates are specialized in Environmental Science and pursue careers in sustainable development. Among them, around 10% were involved from the beginning in the Label Humanité, a CSR training program co-created and co-managed with HEI, ISEN, and ICAM.
– Improvement of Internal Practices: in order to limit the inherent social and environmental impact of our activities, we are constantly working to improve our responsibility. At the forefront is our ISO 14001 certified Environmental Resource Management program, but these efforts also include:
- improvement of our mobility practices (2016 and 2017 winners of the European Bicycle Challenge in our local division)
- sustainable purchasing policy
- team of staff specialized in addressing disability issues
- welcoming all students, notably international students
- organizing special events highlighting these themes to increase awareness among our students and staff (European Waste Reduction Week, Sustainable Development Week, employee bike rides, Disability Week)