Upon completion of this course students should be able to understand the big challenge that the company has to face with:
- the reduction of the water use,
- the management of the waste water,
- the valorization of treatment by-products.
Both technical skills and operational skills
The course will be illustrated with short practical exercises to be performed by students and on-site visits (waste water treatment plant of municipality and company).
The lectures will address the following topics:
– Industrial water management;
– Wastewater treatment: principles and implementation;
– Water reuse, valorization of by products and case studies;
– Industrial wastewater specific treatment: principles and implementation.
Individual written exam based on the lectures and case studies done.
Professor - Academic Advisor, Environmental Science