The admissions period at ISA Lille is from October to May each year, for the following academic year beginning in September. Admission is ongoing and students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. The sooner you apply, the more time you will have to complete the admission process and visa procedure, if applicable.
Students from partner universities who are interested in joining ISA Lille for a study abroad period follow a different procedure, found on our Exchange Students page.
- High School Diploma with a background in life sciences: biology, chemistry, physics and mathematics
- B2 level in French, certified by an official test score (DELF, DALF, French Bac).
Graduate – Master (MScENG)
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Life Sciences (Agriculture, Food Science, Biology, or related field)
- B2 level in language of instruction (French or English) certified by an official test score (DELF, DALF, French Bac, TOEFL IBT 80, TOEIC 785, IELTS 6.0 or equivalent), except students from countries where the desired language of instruction is an official language.
- French is NOT required for admission to English-taught programs, but is highly recommended
If you meet the above requirements, please follow the procedure explained below.
1- Send completed application form & requested documents
First, applicants should fill in the downloaded electronic form.
Once complete, return the scanned form with the scanned copies of requested additional documents:
⦁ certified copies of transcripts of records,
⦁ copy of highest University degree,
⦁ motivation letter and references
⦁ English proficiency certificate
Please note that applicants may send scanned copies of these documents, but accepted applicants are required to provide original documents to confirm admission. There is no fee to apply.
2- Online Scientific Assessment (Graduate Admission Only)
After studying your application, the admissions committee will invite you to complete our online scientific assessment.
Our applicants come from a variety of backgrounds and environments, therefore we require all applicants to complete a 2-hour online scientific questionnaire. This step allows the admissions committee to verify your level of scientific knowledge (prerequisites in microbiology, biochemistry, biology, mathematics, statistics). The admissions commitee then decides if you have demonstrated sufficient fundamental scientific knowledge to succeed at ISA Lille.
Regardless of academic achievement, every candidate applying to ISA Lille’s Masters programs must complete a scientific assessment.
3- Individual Interview
Finally, applicants are invited to participate in a 30-min interview (face-to-face or video conference) with the Academic Director of their desired program. This step is important to assessing your motivation for studying at ISA Lille and, most of all, gives us the chance to get to know you better.