The admissions period at ISA Lille is from October to May each year, for the following academic year beginning in September. Admission is ongoing and students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. The sooner you apply, the more time you will have to complete the admission process and visa procedure, if applicable.
Students from partner universities who are interested in joining ISA Lille for a study abroad period follow a different procedure, found on our Exchange Students page.
- High School Diploma, or undergraduate course credits (equivalent to French DUT or Licence), with a background in life sciences: Agriculture, Food Science, Biology, or related field
- B2 level in French (only language of instruction available at undergraduate level) certified by an official test score (DELF, DALF, French Bac)
- Minimum B1 level in English certified by an official test score (TOEFL IBT 80, TOEIC 685, IELTS 5.5 or equivalent), except students from countries where English is an official language.
Candidates for admission in to the first year of our integrated preparatory course should directly contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To join in Years 2 or 3, please see the application procedure below.
Graduate – Master (MScEng)
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Life Sciences (Agriculture, Food Science, Biology, or related field)
- B2 level in language of instruction (French or English) certified by an official test score (DELF, DALF, French Bac, TOEFL IBT 80, TOEIC 785, IELTS 6.0 or equivalent), except students from countries where the desired language of instruction is an official language.
- French is NOT required for admission to English-taught programs, but is highly recommended
If you meet the above requirements, please follow the procedure explained below.
May 31, 2019
1- Send completed application form & requested documents
If you are not a French citizen, applications must be completed electronically and sent, with all supporting documents, in one PDF file to the below address by May 31, 2019.
First, applicants should fill in the downloaded electronic form.
Once complete, return the scanned form with the scanned copies of requested additional documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter (please specify what program you want to join and why you are interested in studying at ISA Lille and in France in general)
- Copy of your national ID or passport
- Transcripts of records of all your higher education, including current year (in English or French)
- Copy of degrees
- Official language certificate (if applicable)
- You may also send anything that you deem important to understanding your academic background and motivation (recommendation letters, additional certificates, etc.)
Please note that applicants may send scanned copies of these documents, but accepted applicants are required to provide original documents to confirm admission. There is no fee to apply.
2- Online Scientific Assessment (Graduate Admission Only)
After studying your application, the admissions committee will invite you to complete our online scientific assessment.
Our applicants come from a variety of backgrounds and environments, therefore we require all applicants to complete a 1-hour online scientific questionnaire. This step allows the admissions committee to verify your level of scientific knowledge (prerequisites in microbiology, chemistry/biochemistry, calculation/logic, physics, biology). Based on your score, the admissions committee then decides if you have demonstrated sufficient fundamental scientific knowledge to succeed at ISA Lille.
Regardless of academic achievement, every candidate applying to ISA Lille’s Masters programs must complete a scientific assessment.
3- Individual Interview
Finally, applicants are invited to participate in a 30-min interview (face-to-face or video conference) with the Academic Director of their desired program. This step is important to assessing your motivation for studying at ISA Lille and, most of all, gives us the chance to get to know you better.