Master of Science and Engineering - Major in Environmental Science
ISA Lille offers a major in Environmental Sciences, with a focus on pollution management.
This Pollution Management program, taught in English or in French, is based on the internationally renowned expertise that ISA Lille has gained in the management of polluted sites.
For the last 15 years, ISA has built its expertise on:
- applied courses in soil remediation, waste management, urban planning, - environmental engineering
- research activities in the field of Soil Pollution and Remediation (LGCGE National Lab)
- an international network of partner universities
- industrial partnerships
Objectives of the Program
The Major of Environmental Science in Master of Science and Engineering program is designed to train future managers and scientists.
The objective of the major is to have a general overview of
- Prevention of soil
- Water and air pollution
- Management and treatment of sites contaminated by human activities
- General assessment of pollution,
- Remediation/treatment of polluted sites (bioremediation, phytoremediation, biotechnology …)
1. An international experience:
Visiting professors and study tours in Europe
A number of international experts are involved in various lectures and topics over the course of the Master. They come from our partner universities or companies in Brazil, the USA, the Czech Republic, Greece, Italy, The Netherlands, etc…
Moreover, students get the chance to attend international conferences in France and abroad (Germany, Belgium…) and participate in study tours in Europe: 2 weeks in the Netherlands and 3 weeks in the Czech Republic.
2. A professional experience:
industrial projects, internships in companies and research in lab
As with every ISA program, students benefit from a solid professional experience: they will indeed spend 40% of their time immersed in companies or research laboratories working on industrial projects or on their thesis.
Eligibility and Prerequisites
- Min. Bachelor degree in biochemistry, microbiology, biology, biotechnology, ecology, agriculture or other related discipline in life sciences
- Good level of English certified by a test: TOEFL 80, TOEIC 785, IELTS 6.0 or equivalent…
- French is NOT a prerequisite
The selection is based on
- The academic level of the applicant,
- The motivation and interest of the applicant in the program (why does it suit your professional projects…),
- The motivation to pursue studies in France,
- Level of French is a plus but not compulsory.
- Tuition fees: €6,000/year (For admission in september 2017)
- Living expenses in France: Approx. €650/month
- Miscellaneous fees (insurance, VISA, etc.): Approx. €300/year
In France, ISA LILLE
48 boulevard Vauban
59046 Lille Cedex - France
Ph : 00 33(3) 28 38 46 40 / 48 23
Fax : 00 33(3) 28 38 48 47
Email : isa.international(at)yncrea(dot)fr