I have a Bachelor’s degree, but it is not in life sciences, can I still apply?

Applicants will not be admitted without the required background in life sciences. However, if you have taken courses in life sciences, but did not earn a degree in the field, you may qualify for admission. If you think you have the required scientific knowledge, you are encouraged to apply. Please note, however, that even for the Economics, Marketing and Management department, a solid background in life sciences is essential.

How can I apply?

The application procedure has 3 steps:

     1. Application form: download the application from our website. Once complete, send it by email, with the requested documents (motivation letter, CV, etc..).
     2. Online scientific test: Every candidate applying to ISA Master’s programs has to take a 2-hour scientific test to verify their scientific background (pre requisites in microbiology, biochemistry, biology…).
     3. Skype interview: Depending on the test results and other aspects of their background, students may be invited to a 30-min motivation interview with the Academic Director of the program, via Skype.

We communicate frequently with applicants throughout the process and encourage you to contact us if you have any questions at all.

What does the online scientific test look like?

The online scientific test is a multiple-choice questionnaire intended to evaluate your level of knowledge. It includes basic questions about mathematics, statistics, physics, microbiology, chemistry and biochemistry.

Does ISA Lille have on-campus?

There are many students residences around the Lille Catholic University campus. We recommend students book in one of these
All the housing information and the housing application forms are on line: www.en.asso-aeu.fr

Contact : A.E.U. (Association d'Entraide Universitaire)

Do I need to speak French to study at ISA?

To take classes in French, a student must have B1 level at the time of admission.
French is not required for admission to English-taught programs at ISA Lille. However, speaking French will make life in Lille more fun. To help students improve their French level, ISA provides French as a Foreign Language classes as an integral part of the curriculum.

Are the programs taught in English or in French?

We have classes in both languages. Undergraduate level classes are in French only. Our graduate level programs are taught in French or English. We offer complete programs entirely in French or in English, or a mix of both languages according to students’ capabilities.

What services are provided to help international students adjust to life in France?

Our international relations office works closely with Melt’ISA, the student association in charge of international student integration, in order to help incoming international students before, during and after their arrival in France. The international office helps with the visa process, booking housing and all the administrative procedures. Melt’ISA welcomes international students with a Buddy program, general advice about student life, language and cultural exchanges, and social events.
International students will also have an academic advisor to help choose their courses, define their career objectives and adjust to the French way of learning.

How can I have a letter of admission from ISA Lille?

Letters of admission are sent to students who successfully go through all the steps of our admission process.

Is there an application fee?

There is no fee to apply.

Do I need an English proficiency certificate if the medium of teaching in my university is English?

For countries where the medium of teaching is English, a certificate of the University can be taken into account to start the application. If the selection committee considers that the level of English is too low, then an official test in English can be requested for the final decision regarding admission.  

Is there a specific format for the CV, the motivation letter or recommendation letters that I need to send?

No, there is no specific format to use. Motivation letters and CV should not exceed 2 pages.

Does ISA Lille provide financial aid or scholarships for foreign students?

The University does have a financial aid program, but only for students who are already enrolled in the program. It is based on academics and is in the form of tuition fee discount or one-time financial help. For full scholarships, students should contact their local Campus France office. They have all the information about scholarships to study in France.

Can I work while studying at ISA Lille?

All students holding a student visa are allowed to work up to 20 hours a week.

The program involves internships. Are these internships paid?

Our 2-year program involves academic semesters as well as 2 internship periods. The first internship takes place for 3 months in the summer break following the first year. The second internship takes places during the fourth semester of the Master program (spring semester of the second year). If these internships are done in France, they are paid a minimum of 550€ per month. If they are done in other countries, it depends on each country’s labor law.

What kind of jobs do ISA graduates get?

ISA Lille alumni work in companies, research centers and government agencies around the world.
They work as managers and consultants in sales, communication, auditing, industrial production, quality control, research and development, logistics, supply chains, purchasing, finance, human resources, education, and farming.

Some examples:

  • Project manager /polluted sites management department at RAMERY, France
  • Quality Specialist at Nestlé, Germany
  • Vinasse Project consultant at SAF Viet Joint Venture LTD (LESAFFRE), Viet Nam
  • PhD in Ecotoxicology at CNRS : National French Center for Research, France
  • PhD, Department of Water Technology and Environmental Engineering at University of Chemistry and Technology in Prague, Czech Republic
  • Research and development engineer at CEBEDEAU, Belgium
  • Process Technologist at Buhler AG, Switzerland
  • Environmental Advisor at County Authority of Møre and Romsdal, Norway
  • Assistant Manager, Technical cell (Manufacturing), Roquette Riddhi Siddhi Pvt. Ltd., India
  • Project Manager – Life Cycle Assessment at CYCLECO, France
  • Studies on Remediation of an Hg mine waste at the United States Department of Agriculture, USA

Technical Support Specialist at Cargill Cocoa and Chocolate, Belgium

I am interested in your Master of Science and Engineering, but I only want to come for one year. Is it possible?

Our Master of Science and Engineering is a comprehensive 2-year program built on teamwork, ongoing projects and integrated professional experience. Thus, it cannot be done in one year.